Pediatric Dentist Torrance California
What is Pediatric Dentistry?
Pediatric Dentistry, formerly called pedodontics, is the dentistry devoted to children only. A Pediatric Dentist undergoes two to three years of special training after completing the dental school.
Oral care for children is very important because the eruption of the permanent teeth depends on the alignment of the milk teeth or primary teeth. More importantly, the key to healthy permanent teeth is good oral care of the primary teeth. The oral check-up for your baby should start within six months from the appearance of the first tooth. There after, half-yearly visit to your dentist will help you maintain a good oral healthy , after all, good general health depends on oral health. Your dentist will examine your dentition to see if there are signs of gum disease, and a thorough cleaning is done.
Pediatric Dentistry is recognized by:
- American Dental Association (ADA).
- Royal College of Dentists of Canada.
- Royal Australian College of Dental Surgeons.
A pediatric dentist provide the following treatments for children:
- Root canal treatment
- Tooth-colored fillings
- Preventive care with dental sealants and fluoride therapy
- Orthodontic treatments
- Treatments for injuries to primary teeth
- Dental treatments for children with special needs
- Treatments for apprehensive children